Monday, October 26, 2009

The X Factor

I pride myself on being a superior flight attendant. I am friendly, talkative, helpful. I smile & recently I have mastered the wink. In the "biz" I'm classified as a Super Stew. Unfortunately my status has been temporarily revoked- I just returned home from a 2 day trip in which I was a Sucky Stew.

While there are a number of variables contributing to my poor performance I primarily blame the passengers. Very sadly there is a generic passenger who seems to be multiplying at an exponential rate. Let's call this passenger "X."

X brings a bag on board that doesn't fit in the bin & throws a temper tantrum when it has to be checked. X sits in the wrong seat. X absolutely must pee upon take off. X is utterly confused when approached during the beverage service, apparently X didn't see us serving the 15 rows in front of him. X is wearing head phones & inconvenienced when asked for his choice. X asks what we have. Patiently I respond "coke, diet coke, sprite, diet sprite, orange juice, apple juice, tomato juice, bloody mary mix, cran apple, tonic water, sparkling water, still water, coffee, tea, milk." X says he would like an Orange Fanta. X is an idiot.

I could go on but my tired fingers don't have any more energy to waste on X.

You have your good trips & your bad. Regrettably I woke up this morning on the wrong side of the country & couldn't snap out of it. To add insult to injury I ripped my pantyhose on the first leg of a 3 leg day. I looked like a homeless air hostess, saddest sight ever.

I have 3 days off to recover. The pep will be back in my step next trip....I hope!

1 comment:

  1. If passenger X is multiplying at an exponential rate, does that make it X^2? ;)

    ReplyDelete