Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bread and Butter

I had a passenger the other day, big and beefy just how I don't like 'em. His head looked like a lemon on a water melon body. He called me over to ask me if I was married, then if I was engaged. Why I don' think to lie in these situations is a mystery to me. I made a quick exit but couldn't go far as it is difficult to hide at 30,000 feet. I dreaded reaching his row during the beverage service. I asked him if he wanted anything and he replied "just your phone number." Pause for actual vomiting. Without missing a beat in my Super Stew voice I said "I'm sorry, that is not complimentary, but we do have a variety of coke products."

A flight attendant recommended online dating to me and tears nearly filled my eyes. I realize that many people are finding love this way but don't think I have the sense of urgency or luck for such an avenue. I'd probably end up with a married pedophile. I will stick to meeting losers in person.

Speaking of, the M word is set to marry in January, but "can't get me out of his head." Shocking, I have been there for 6 years. He's asked to see me but the jury is still out on that one. We truly have a beautiful deep rooted friendship but at the same time he has a serious power over me and I shouldn't gift him the opportunity to use it. Although it does make me giggle to see 38 year old Marco in braces. Maybe we should meet for salad and corn on the cob....

The good news is I am not nearly as lonely as I was. Having Jana here has filled a void the size of the grand canyon. She is my best friend, my therapist, drinking buddy, laugh factory, shot gun rider, teeny tiny shoulder to cry on, and finally my roomie! She is the salt to my french fries and the bread to my butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment