Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Better Late than Never

The day is upon us-effing finally! Marco is getting married on Saturday. And to everyone's delight it is not to me! I remember hearing of the engagement over a year ago & being surprised at my lack of emotion regarding the news. The emotion sunk in last week. Few tears were shed but I am confident in saying those were the last.

I fell for Marco & ended up staying down for over 6 years. People have their opinions about the man, I certainly have mine. But I can say that Marco has a loving solid heart, it is his mush for brains that prove to be his down fall. He kept me in his back pocket, refusing to completely let me go for which I blame him. But I was too weak to walk away, for which I blame myself.

I told him that we couldn't continue our friendship after the wedding, better late than never right? He of course doesn't believe me, why would he? Never have I stood by goodbye. But I am feeling fiercely strong, better late than never right? From day one he & I were the best of friends, & it is the friend in him I will miss the most.

For 6 years there has been a question mark after Marco's name. Finally the question is answered. Our story is over. The end.

Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment