Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday Night Fever

Break out your parka's kids, hell has frozen over, I joined a gym. I have been avoiding doing so for some time for a number of reasons. The first being of course that I hate working out. I have also been using money as an excuse, arguing that I can't afford it. But the truth tapped me on the shoulder & pointed out that as long as I can afford In-N-Out, I can afford the gym. The sign is a bit misleading- it reads "24 Fitness" while it should read "Meat Market." So far the gym has not been good for my self esteem. I feel like a Cabbage Patch Kid working up a sweat along side a slew of Malibu Barbie dolls.

Every time I have gone, the place has been packed. Every day but today, Saturday. Actually I went tonight. This was more the Freaks & Geeks crowd, the GTL crew works out earlier I suppose. Anyway I fit right in & even felt like the hottest broad in the joint.

Stay tuned for my progress. Vacationing for an entire month really did a number on my waist line. Let's be clear, this new found commitment to working out has nothing to do with my health & everything to do with my vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment