Wednesday, July 21, 2010

God Bless America...and Mexico

I had a positively wonderful 4th of July a few weeks ago. I attended a roof top party with my room mate Noel. I drank & ate, but mostly drank. I enjoyed the summer sun, the incredible view, & the company of strangers.

At the end of the night I was ready to go, which apparently meant nothing to the cab company that was backed up for hours. After watching Charlie's Angels for about 5 minutes on Noel's boyfriend's couch I got the bright idea to walk home from Hermosa Beach to Redondo Beach. I went outside & a brighter idea came to me, hijack the Domino's delivery truck. Without a second thought I hopped in the front seat & waited. A stunned darling Mexican man got in a minute later. I begged for a ride home, pleading what I am sure was an obnoxious case. He told me he was happy to take me home but we had to make a couple of stops. Girardo & I became fast friends between deliveries & sooner than I knew it we were at 232 N Juanita. I will likely never see Girardo again, but I won't forget his kindness.

1 comment: