Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Dance Continues

Sixty years of marriage is an accomplishment I can't wrap my mind around. Six years is impressive as far as I am concerned! My beautiful grandparents were wed on August 5th, 1950. A couple of kids, they met at the Bowery Dance Hall. Six decades later they are still dancing. Together they've endured the loss of loved ones, cancer, bypasses, falls, aches & pains of mind & body. But they have also rejoiced in building a family, North Dakota road trips, dumpling making marathons, camping, jam sessions, living as Arizona snow birds, & most recently Wii competitions! They are a rare example of what it looks like to say "I do" & mean it. I couldn't be more proud to be apart of the family they've created. Gramps & Grams, I love love love you. Congratulations on sixty years together, do I hear seventy??

yours always,

emily faith

1 comment: