Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Big Cheese

The holidays are officially in full swing. Of course in LA there is no snow or cold to indicate the arrival of the season, but I teared up at a Folgers Christmas commercial & it hit me like a ton of bricks. For a single person, well for this single person it is an awful time of year. For some reason I feel 10 times more alone. I blame the music primarily. All the songs are something like "all i want for Christmas is you, please come home or I'll get run over by a reindeer." Why doesn't Kelly Clarkson release a holiday album? Something like "Independent Christmas." Until that drops, I think I will stick to the Chipmunks singing about planes that loop the loop & hula hoops.

Noel & I enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Olive Garden this evening. Some might consider me a high maintenance patron but our waiter Mike understood me. He broke policy by leaving the cheese grater on the table, it's like he could see my Romano hungry soul. Personally I think his arm was tired & he had other tables to tend to, but still the grater was mine for the meal. At the end of dinner, Mike wrapped up the grater in a bread bag with a wink. Delighted I slipped it in my purse. I really have earned it after all these years I think. In fact it is a mystery as to why I don't have a plaque on the wall, & a personal parking space.

Ambien is kicking in, when that happens I am like Frank the Tank from Old School when he gets the tranquilizer dart in his neck. Not cute--night lambs. Big love.

No comments:

Post a Comment