Monday, December 28, 2009

Dr. Feelgood

So this pain in my back is becoming a real pain in my ass. I am learning to live with it, although I'd rather not. I have seen "Dr." Nick a few times. Mind you by Doctor, I mean Chiropractor. It seems we are pretty quick to dispense the term physician these days. I know some people swear by Chiropractic treatment but I remain skeptical. I categorize Chiro's as I do Mormons & people who sell Amway, nice enough people, just...mislead.

Dr. Nick ordered an MRI & X-rays before he'd treat me. During the evaluation he came up with a laundry list of things wrong with my back & neck. I just noticed how thin I looked in the X-ray, fabulous. He claims that I have 2 slipped disks. Not sure whether I believe him or whether he just wants to keep seeing me & my insurance card. He did ask me out while adjusting me, which was uncomfortable not to mention scary. I remember thinking "he's holding my head in his hands, maybe he'll just break my neck if I say no." Instead of saying no, I opted for the awkward transition.

I had an appointment with the physical therapist at the same facility. But I thought she was a pretty sizable bitch so at this point I am holding out for a miracle & better pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment