Friday, November 27, 2009

They Had Prego at Plymouth Right?

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had an unconventional but great holiday. I got up early, around 11:50am & met Jana for Starbucks. It was pretty rough melting in the 80 degree heat, so we enjoyed our FREE (it totally pays to have such a smokin' hot best friend) drinks in the shade.

I went for a little jog in the afternoon. I've been inspired to become Lindsay Lohan crack whore skinny. While I would like to achieve that by abstaining from exercise & sticking to a strictly fried food diet I am hearing that may not be the ticket. Because I have negative will power I am starting with exercise, giving up french fries may not be worth wearing a size small!

Jana had to work so I scooted to a matinee of the movie Precious. I paid $11 to cry for 2 hours. I literally bawled through the entire movie. We are talking lip quivering, runny nose, chest heaving sobbing. It was a phenomenal film that everyone should see. One of those "and I thought i had problems" kind of flicks.

I came home & fixed Spaghetti just like the pilgrims. Then I made a yellow cake strictly so I could lick the bowl. So much for being crack whore skinny....

I was on call to work but wasn't used...again. I had a few wonderful heart felt invitations for dinner but felt funny about turkey crashing. Over the last couple of years I have gotten used to being on my own. Being lonely & depressed has become my tradition. And you don't monkey with tradition!

It is unfortunate that only one day a year is dedicated to giving thanks. Most of us spend the other 364 days complaining, griping, bitching, & moaning. I thought a lot today about my blessings & am going to strive to make every day Thanksgiving, or at least every other day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment