Friday, August 6, 2010

Ridin' Solo

Jason Derulo wrote Ridin' Solo for my 20 hour drive from Los Angeles to Seattle, I am convinced. I literally dare you to tell me otherwise. I think I played it about 100 times on the 980 mile trek. Unable to trick anyone into driving with me, I was forced to spend some serious quality time with myself. I left Redondo Beach at noon last Wednesday with tears steadily streaming down my face. I drove for 16.5 hours! Hell bent on making it straight through, I failed. At 4:30 Thursday morning I said uncle & stopped for a nap in Woodburn, OR. Afraid of being assaulted by a trucker while sleeping in my car, I sucked it up & paid for a motel. The Super 8 super sucked. I slept in my clothes & wouldn't even shower there. I caught a few winks & was back on the road at 10am, by 1:00pm the Seattle skyline was on the horizon.

4 pit stops, 1 Wendy's, 2 middle fingers, & 25 hours. What a journey. Good to be home, even if I had to ride solo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo glad you're here!!! I'll make sure to make you a new CD asap so you can give J.Derulo a break.

    ReplyDelete